Support Jeri's House Inc on Amazon Smile:
If you're like most of us, you have bought a thing or two from Amazon. If you're like some households, then the majority of your purchases are delivered to your door via Amazon. Why not make an impact in the DeafBlind community by supporting Jeri's House with the things you are already buying? According to their website: AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. We recommend Jeri's House as that charitable organization of choice! The donations can really add up with the things you are buying. Here's how to use Amazon Smile:
How to Shop Amazon Smile
1. Visit smile.amazon.com. We recommend bookmarking this page so you'll land on the smile page every time you shop.
2. Sign into your account if you're not already, and search for Jeri's House as your charity of choice. Once you make this selection, you will receive an email confirmation. You are now ready to support Jeri's House in your everyday purchases! Or use this shortcut to go directly to Jeri's House search result https://smile.amazon.com/ch/81-5032992
3. Shop as normal. Most items are eligible for an Amazon Smile donation, but they will let you know is something is not. Shop as usual, and watch the donations add up! (Note: If you use the regular Amazon.com site, no contribution will be made.)
How to Shop Amazon Smile on Mobile
One of the drawbacks to AmazonSmile, is you have to make your purchases through the AmazonSmile site. Purchases through the regular Amazon site and their mobile site won't give a donation. Fortunately, there's a work around.
If you regularly shop Amazon through your mobile browser, simply navigate to smile.amazon.com instead of the App! It will be a very similar experience to what you are used to.
If you regularly shop Amazon through the Amazon app you could add items to your cart via the app but finish the checkout process on your Safari browser. (Just make sure you are at smile.amazon.com before you checkout.) Or you could take the following steps on your Apple device:
Shortcut to Use Amazon Smile on the iPhone
1. Visit smile.amazon.com in Safari.
2. Next, hit the share button at the bottom middle of your screen.
3. Now click add to Home Screen. You have just created a shortcut to the Amazon Smile page to easily navigate here from the homepage.
4. Use the shortcut you just created the next time you shop on Amazon.